Location: Home


Reporting Work Injury Cases29 Jun, 2021

To: All Staff Members

The University is required, under Section 15 of the Employees’ Compensation Ordinance, to notify the Commissioner for Labour of any accident arising out of and in the course of employment which results in the death or in the total/partial incapacity of the employee using the prescribed forms.  Such notification should be made within 7 days of the accident resulting in death or 14 days in the case of injury.  

An appointee who is injured as a result of an accident at work should inform the Head of Department of the accident verbally or in writing as soon as practicable, and provide the original copy of the sick leave certificates to the Head once available.

The Head of Department should use either Form 2 (if the accident results in absence from work exceeding 3 days) or Form 2B (if the accident results in absence from work not exceeding 3 days) to report accidents which occur during work as soon as possible to the Human Resources Office, with a copy to the Director of the University Health Service and the Director of Safety. The forms can be obtained at https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/form/content.htm.

Enquiries on reporting work injury procedures can be addressed to the respective HR colleagues serving your Department. Contact list of HR colleagues is available at HR website

Human Resources Office

  • Fonts size:
  • A
  • A
  • A