Location: Home


Reporting Work Injury Cases03 Jul, 2019

To:  List C

       The University is required, under Section 15 of the Employees’ Compensation Ordinance, to notify the Commissioner for Labour of any accident arising out of and in the course of employment which results in the death or in the total/partial incapacity of the employee using the prescribed forms.  Such notification should be made within 7 days of the accident resulting in death or 14 days in the case of injury.  Failure to do so may render the University liable for breaching the stipulated Ordinance.

Reporting Procedures

2.     Please use either Form 2 (if the accident results in absence from work exceeding 3 days) or Form 2B (if the accident results in absence from work not exceeding 3 days) to report accidents which occur during work as soon as possible to the Human Resource Section, with a copy to the Director of the University Health Service and the Director of Safety.  The forms can be obtained at https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/form/content.htm.

Sick Leave Certificates

3.      Where the accident results in absence from work, please inform the Human Resource Section of the period of absence of the staff member and submit copies of the sick leave certificates for further processing of the employees’ compensation claim.


4.      If you have any queries on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact the respective team leaders in the Human Resource Section.

(Ms.) Yvonne Ho
Director of Human Resources

  • Fonts size:
  • A
  • A
  • A